Welcome to Woodstock, one of Portland’s oldest neighborhoods, sporting many homes built in the 1880’s. I have a newer home for you, currently on the market for $299,500, located on a quiet section of SE Steele St. at 5506, just east of 52nd. Built mid-century and well taken care of, you can be confident this 1628SF, 3 BR, 2BA home is in tip top shape. Its beautiful hardwoods are reminiscent of the older homes, yet it’s all on one level for comfortable living.
The current sellers have made significant improvements to add to the quality of the home:
- The 2 full bathrooms have been delightfully updated
- The kitchen boasts granite counter tops
- The previously wild backyard has been newly landscaped, giving it beauty, variety and focus
- A sweet retreat space was created out in the garden with a charming new stone patio complete with beckoning bench
- Off in the corner of the fenced backyard is an attractive and handy storage shed
- A partially covered deck off the family room provides a wonderful outdoor space, fine for entertaining
- 1 car attached garage, newer appliances that will accompany the home purchase
- 3 year old roof, newer gas furnace
- Updated electrical and plumbing
The inside scoop from the sellers is that the neighbors have been as friendly and helpful as can be. Isn’t that comforting to know ahead of time?!
Many of Woodstock’s restaurants and shops line Woodstock Boulevard, about 8 blocks to the South, but there’s a popular restaurant just down the street at 5222 SE 52nd St. called Toast that deserves mention. The sellers report that it’s especially hopping on weekends, mornings into the afternoons. I recently brunched there on a late Sunday morning. My ½ hour wait for a table was well worth it, the food being scrumptious. I would order again the “No Meat for You Omlette” that was brimming with fresh fall vegetables and herbed ricotta cheese, accompanied by potato rosti (delicious hash browns). The coffee (local Courier Coffee Roasters) was particularly tasty. My dining friend enjoyed “The Occasional Hedonist”: a sweet onion tart topped with 2 poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. We were treated to 2 tiny raspberry scones upon being seated. I’ll go again even though I know I’ll have to compete with a multitude of neighborhood fans!
Feel free to contact me if you have an interest in my listing at 5506 SE Steele St.! Or if there is other Portland real estate that you want to see, I’m available for showings! I happily represent both sellers and buyers.