Arlington Heights is a gorgeous, serene, and historic community in southwest Portland. The stunning neighborhood's Victorian cottages, Tudor style homes, and ranch style residences are situated on a breath-taking ridge and are blessed with striking views of the picturesque Cascade Mountains, the Eastside, and downtown. Arlington Heights boasts a magnificent infrastructure (near downtown, shopping areas, and entertainment and dining districts, and within walking distance of the Oregon Zoo), prestigious schools, famous parks (one with a beautiful Japanese garden), an exceptional library, and an outstanding trail system (in the Hoyt Arboretum).
As the neighborhood’s name suggests, Arlington Heights is perched 1000 feet above the city on a beautiful ridge and boasts excellent views of Downtown, the Eastside and the Cascades. It's also home to the International Rose Test Garden because of it's perfect climate for roses. There are over 700 breeds of roses, giving Portland its nickname, "the City Of Roses".
The community’s quiet, winding streets are picture-perfect and only a short walk from the plethora of entertainment, dining and shopping opportunities of Northwest and Downtown. When you’re done with a day’s work or a day’s fun down the hill, you can retire to the cozy serenity of your hillside home. If you’re looking for a sophisticated neighborhood with all possible amenities, Arlington Heights is the place.
Arlington Heights Real Estate
Arlington Heights boasts some of the most expensive real estate in Portland (behind Southwest Hills and Hillside) with an average home price of $669,700. Even though Portland real estate values have seen a decline in the last 5 years, Arlington Heights has produced a 5% increase in value.
Parks and Recreation
- Hoyt Arboretum
- Japanese Garden
- Vietnam Veterans of Oregon Memorial
- Washington Park
- Washington Park - International Rose Test Garden
- Click Here to view demographics, property tax information and more for Arlington Heights.
- Click Here to compare Arlington Heights to other Portland neighborhoods.
- Click Here to view crime statistics for Arlington Heights.
- Because school district boundaries do not necessarily correspond to neighborhood boundaries, verify which school your child will attend by clicking here and entering your address or prospective address.